I upgraded my OMS cluster to Release 3 over the weekend and I already have a favorite new feature: Agent Upgrade through the console.
If I was an emoticon user I’d paste some hearts here.
- Log into the management server console as sysman and pull down the Setup Menu
- Verify that you have default host credentials set for each host
- Select Manage Cloud Control / Upgrade Agents
- Press the Plus sign to reveal a list of agents eligible for an upgrade
- Select the agent you want to upgrade and hit the Submit button
- You can safely ignore the Warning about root.sh, as least on Linux, since the upgrade doesn’t really require it
You can monitor the process at several levels and you can/should run it against multiple agents without any risk. Here’s the progression of screen shots.